For Jean & others—when using an Idrija bolster pillow, the bobbins are wound
counter clockwise.  Also, be sure to wind them nearly full, even if you need to
use scrap thread first, then wind over it with your Idrija thread.  As to a
bobbin winder for Idrija bobbins, check with Allie Marguccio.  The one she uses
is quite large but I don’t know the brand.  It may have come from a weaving
supply company.  She teaches this lace at various events, IOLIO, Ithaca etc.
I’ve taken several classes from her & she really goes over the special little
tips you need to make this lace.  Her husband turns beautiful Idrija bobbins,
makes the bolster pillows & stands & sells the threads, authentic Idrija
patterns & findings to make fun stuff.  Satisfied student & customer!  Hope
this helps.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle USA

Sent from my iPad