Hello all!

I am researching the development of the lace industry at the moment, and I have
a fairly extensive bibliography, but there is one reference that I have only
seen in one place.

In Thomas Wright’s “Romance of the Lace Pillow,” on page 8 he makes a
distinction between bone lace as being finer, and bobbin lace as being coarser.
My other trusted sources (Levey, Palliser, Earnshaw, etc) make no distinction,
and my understanding has always been that bone lace is just an early name for
bobbin lace. What say you all? Are there any other sources to support this or
should I take it with a grain of salt?

Thank you!
Best,
Elena