Wow! Alex, that hits it right on the head!!  Texture or colour? One does seem
to override the other. Yes, I agree.
I do a lot more monochrome lace, and I know just what you mean about the
texture showing up when it is not distracted by colour.

Catherine, I worked your Strawberries – and learned Such a Lot while working
the pieces – flowers wired, leaves with wired veins, and a double layer of
stitching to make the strawberries. It was such fun to do, - and a belated big
Thank You for the pattern – and in fact, the whole book!!  However when I
put that piece in my Proficiency   exam, it was written, by the examiners, as
Stumpwork. I am not sure whether they accepted and passed it, or not!!
Stumpwork is surely partly Needlelace, anyway – isn’t it?!! Well, that
whole piece is Needle Lace to me, anyway!!  (But then, - I was always a bit of
a rebel!! – and I refuse to be Politically correct!)

Devon – Yes, I too get odd dots, Capital letters, and other marks put in to
some Arachne letters – Jeri’s and my own among others. I have no idea why,
and no way of altering it.  It certainly does not come from this end. It only
seems to happen to the Arachne emails.

Regards from Liz.in Melbourne,. Oz.