I see this 'Cilaos' pieces as an embroidery form, not so much a true lace.
You are right that it is a form of Teneriffe/Sol lace in that woven & knotted
elements are worked on a foundation of weft threads.  I have seen this type
of sol-like embroidery in many older drawn thread work linens.  It is used to
embellish a corner. It appears to me that it is embedded in a fabric base, not
a stand-alone piece of lace.
Karen Bovard SayreThe ShuttleSmithhttp://www.TheShuttleSmith.com

|  |
www.theshuttlesmith.com