Hello Susan.
When I read your e-mail I was really surprised to know how much you know
about English point ground lace.
Have you tried at arizona university (book by Gertrude Whiting)? You may
get some useful information there, although it is a bit old and maybe most
of the info of the stitches book was taken from it, but it may be
worthwhile hain a look at it :

*Whiting*, Gertrude. *A Lace Guide for Makers and Collectors*, E. P.
Dutton, 1920, 411 pages. *Note: *Most scanned images provided by Tess
Parrish. Posted September 18, 2003. CD (LDA03)
<https://www2.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/lcd03.html>. *SAMPLE PAGE*
<https://www2.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/books/SAMPLES/wg_lace.gif>.
*CONTENTS*
<https://www2.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/books/CONTENTS/wg_lace_con.pdf>