There is an article in the New York Times today. It is about how museums
find themselves without enough storage space, and then they have to
consider selling some of the art. Near the end of the article they are
discussing the problems of the Brooklyn Museum.
The Brooklyn Museum had already identified, with the help of a Getty grant,
the 20,000 best fashion objects in their collection which included some
lace, and they are now held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the
Costume Institute in a special group. But apparently the Brooklyn Museum
still has other lace that hasn't come to us.

"Ms. Pasternak, who took over as director in 2016, is continuing to look at
"next steps" regarding storage. One focus: a room that holds thousands of
textiles, European tapestries and lace, and some furniture.
She would like to turn it into a gallery for African art. The cost-benefit
analysis, she said, seems straightforward: "A permanent home for an African
art gallery versus storing something that we've never shown.""

I don't know if she is actually correct about never having shown the lace,
but it may have been a long, long time since they did. The Met actually had
an entire lace exhibit room at one point because lace was so popular. I
suspect the Brooklyn Museum also showed lace around the turn of the 20th
century. Earlier in the article they talk about how one reason that museums
don't de-accession unpopular art is that it might come back into the lime
light again. It is interesting that the Brooklyn Museum can't imagine their
lace will become interesting again. I am seeing a rising interest in it
among younger people.
Here is the link to the article.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/03/10/arts/museum-art-quiz.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage