As long as Jane was posting about fun lace activities across the pond, I
thought I would report on the upcoming class to be given by South African
lace artist Pierre Fouche at the Hunterdon Art Museum in Clinton, NJ.
Initially the class was planned for April 6th and April 7th. However, when
it filled instantly with aficionados from many different states, including
Iowa, Wisconsin and California, not to mention an international traveler
from Canada, the museum put on an additional class to be held April 9th and
10th. There are still places in this second class. On the intervening day,
April 8th, there will be the opportunity to view lace at the Ratti Center
at the Metropolitan Museum with Pierre.
Pierre has been developing the class. His initial foray into international
teaching was in association with Jane Atkinson's Ebb'n'Flow exhibit in
England. Later he gave it in Andorra, Portugal. In both places it has
received rave reviews. From what I see, he is refining the course quite a
lot. He is going to reveal the logic behind Binche!
On April 6th, the Hunterdon Art Museum will be holding a pop-up dinner with
Pierre as the special guest. This is a fundraiser. Tickets for a 6 course
dinner, held in the gallery, are $100 each. I attended a pop-up for the
Lace, not Lace show. The food was very good, and the ambiance in the
gallery quite delightful. All are welcome. If you are interested in the
class or the pop-up dinner, go to the Hunterdon Art Museum's website to
sign up. https://hunterdonartmuseum.org/
Because Pierre is going to stay in Brooklyn for a few days after the class,
the Brooklyn Lace Guild has decided to hold its monthly meeting on Saturday
April 13th. This will be another opportunity to meet the internationally
known lace artist and all are welcome. The meeting will be from 6-9 at the
Textile Arts Center, 505 Carroll St., Brooklyn. Refreshments are improvised.
Devon