Many thanks to those who commented on the black blonde lace dress I posted
a couple of weeks ago. It was very helpful.
I now have another Spanish lace that I am working to identify.I feel that
the design is a very Spanish looking one. It doesn't have the large wild
flowers on it, but is instead geometrical and looks a bit like moorish tile
to me. Is there a name for this kind of design? Any information about where
it was made would be welcome. This one is identified as 19th century.
Horrifyingly, I read in Wardle, Victorian Lace, that the Bayeux based lace
manufaturer Lefebure "was the one who introduced the manufacture of *Blondes
mates *for export to Spain and Spanish America and succeeded in building up
a flourishing trade trade based on a careful study of the types of design
fashionable in those countries."  I have no idea what these designs were,
or how one might tell them from Spanish manufacture.
I have posted photos on the laceioli.ning site
http://laceioli.ning.com/group/identification-history/forum/topics/more-spanish-lace
I would be interested to hear from anyone on this topic.
Devon