I recently downloaded a picture of of what looked like a simple Torchon
bookmark from Pinterest.  I thought I could play with it and make a
pricking from the photo.  I did that, trued it, and was ready to go.
What it consists of is five large hearts filled with half stitch,
outlined with gimp.  The edges are fans, mostly cloth stitch but shaped
also like hearts.  The inside points of the fans meet the bottom tips of
the hearts.  Simple design really but... I started to wonder how on
earth did the lacer fill those hearts with half stitch?  The only answer
could be it was done in the s'Gravenmoer style, diagonally.  I cannot
get any information (that I can understand) on how to do this.  Can
anyone explain this to me in plain English please:) I'm just about
wearing out the thread trying variations and retro lacing :( Sharon on
Vancouver Island