I read this email today and immediately remembered that I have 2 Devon Trolly Lace books written by Carol McFadzean. Carol is a lace maker who lives in a place called Woodbury in Devon. She was handed a bag of samples of this lace that had been found in the attic of a local school in the mid to late 1970s. After much researching and reworking of some of the lace patterns worked in the 1800s she produced several books about it. There are a few photos of trolly lace bobbins with masses of decoration on them. There was some information and reference of Queen Victoria putting lace work for the villagers to help them earn money to keep their families safe in difficult times. Maybe she has some information she might share with you. I have two books alongside me which I flicked through but my brain is thinking I might have a third. Certainly these two have pictures of the original samples found and bobbins, reference to certain people who did work on the Royal Christening Gown. This still exists as has been documented on here before but a new one has been worked which has been used for the latest royal babies.
Good luck  Sue
Dorset UK

2:57 AM
To: lace@arachne.com
Subject: [lace] An historical reference to a "Bobbin Maker in Devon also a "trolly bobbin"

I have had a great morning going through all my collected quotes for
historical sources with an idea to collate then into interesting quotes to
the East Devon and Downton bobbin project.

Many will know that I regularly remind readers that we have no idea as to
who made or decorated Devon Bobbins, but "low and Behold" I found this
today, the quote comes from a visit to Beer.

Stay at Home and Keep your distance, wash your hands and don't crowd out
Bondi Beach (Idiots).

Brian