Hi, as you will know I am expecting to slow down on my bobbin research, mainly because i have or will have, covered all the regional types of bobbins.

Today i have been cogitating as to whether or not Waddesdon is a geographical lace area that used a special bobbin.

The reason is that it was the Saunders bros that had a bobbin making business in that area and we are told that most used those bobbins (Inferred)

In Devon, Malmesbury, "Downton" there are traditional styles of lace making, that to some extent required a different type of bobbin.

Wadddesdon seems to be involved in the standard types of East Midland lace, it just happens to have a somewhat distinctive style of bobbin making.

I have not managed to say this very well, so could I ask if you think that I should treat Waddesdon bobbins as a traditional geographical "bobbin" area of the UK, in the same was a Honiton, Downton etc.?

Oh dear, now I am getting concerned about how i categorize S Bucks bobbins?

What do you guys think?

--
Brian
Cooranbong. Australia