Dear all,
I saw this article, too, and wondered at the "Rare Technique Dating Back.."
This person doesn't know about us.  I thought it both funny and sad.  I wonder
if we could copy the lace, the butterflies especially diddn't look that
difficult, and make our own Dior knock-offs.  I tried the url below, and Apple
News was not friendly.  I think the original article is worth a read, not for
really new information, but to understand the ignorance in the general public,
or even in the fashion world.  Although in Europe lace is used by couture
designers.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, wearing a mask, staying put, making a fair
amount of lace, especially in this heat.

"My email sends out an automatic  message. Arachne members,
please ignore it. I read your emails."

Someone (maybe on Arachne or maybe during IOLI's Uncon) was talking