During the IOLI's virtual lace convention UnCon we put on three lace talks
using Zoom webinar technology. These were very popular with our members and
we have decided we should do more of them.
The first talk in this series will be one that we were hoping to include in
the UnCon but we didn't have time. So instead we are offering it for free
to everyone, members and non-members alike.
On September 15th at 3 pm Eastern Daylight Time, Kara Quinteros, a young
fashion designer will speak about her collection of ethically produced
fashions that include handmade bobbin lace.
If you wish to join the Zoom webinar go here to register:

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_sI7fIT4aTA-VmDn7wn_0TQ

However, if you do not register, you can still see it streamed live on the
International Organization of Lace's Facebook page. If you miss it, it will
be available later on the IOLI Facebook page and on the public area of the
IOLI website.

Here is a description of the talk:

Zero-Waste through Bobbin Lace

Through the desire to innovate within current fashion systems of
production, Kara Quinteros designs around utilizing traditional techniques
of bobbin lace to create zero-waste, soil-to-soil, ethical and socially
responsible garments while preserving a form of traditional craft. Using a
transparent supply chain, from the raw materials to the finishing, each
step of the system is heavily considered and designed upon. All handmade,
the collection is a labor of love, passion and dedication to craft in this
show/talk, she will go over her ideation, system of making, and where she
hopes to take this methodology in the future.

Sincerely,

Devon