I have just be studying my copy of “Tatting Artistry in Threads” by Helma
Siemann, and see that she has glued her multitude of Josephine Knots etc, to
Art board, to form the pictures (which are lovely) Is this an acceptable way
of fixing tatting to a background – and would it be accepted by a Judge in a
competition?

I have only ever stitched lace to a fabric background, so am quite taken aback
by this method, and am wondering if Show and Competition Judges would pass
that method, - or would they disqualify the piece?

Personally, I cannot see what is wrong with it, as the pieces will never be
used, or removed from the setting, - so why not, -- but I wonder if it would
be acceptable when up against other pieces for Judging.

I would be interested in other people’s thought on it- especially if you are
a Judge at Shows!

Regards from Liz. L.
Melbourne, Oz.