Susan,I have not used a bolster pillow but many of my friends do. What they
made was a strip of ribbon with large pearl beads sewn on, or a crochet strip,
similar to what some use to hold bobbins when packing up the pillow, but at
regular close intervals they attached a large round bead. The strips go around
the outer edges of the bolster and as you work through the bobbins, the used
ones are placed behind the beads out of the way. It is easy to lift them back
up when you need them again. Wish I had a photo to show you, hard to explain
in words. Looks pretty on the pillow.
I have also seen wire that is coiled, similar to the old telephone cords we
used to have on the kitchen wall phone, and fastened around the sides of the
bolster and you place the thread leads over a coil. Love the Christmas
ornament.Janice
Janice Blair Murrieta, CA, jblace.com