I am very glad to hear this if you planned to dev an admin panel for version
0.9!

But I preferred to manage all member or notice..etc in the front end of
system,not an independent admin panel system.
Such we can login as an Admin level account,manage everything...or do the
regular things as an normal user at the same time!
No need to login for posting or managing something in 2 parts again and
agian...

you,as an admin,can ban a user or Add/delete/modify notices,in the front
end,just when you catch them for spam or somthing else...

Each user belongs to one their own group,has different level power in system
like an web game.
The more active/Positive Feedback/estimable user,the more given power...and
so they can help us to make our website more administrable

some existing open source systems have no backend  admin panel such as
dotnode.com SNS and drupal CMS

I recommend considering these

thanks
An admin panel is ticket #749 on the bug tracker and is mentioned as
planned for version 0.9 on the Wiki (though version 1.0 on the bug
tracker):

http://status.net/wiki/ProductPlan

--
Best Regards,