On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Fabien Basmaison <fabien.basmai...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Chris Messina a écrit :
> > Finally, is this a common problem or just something that you'd like to
> > have? Where might this situation show up in the wild? And when it
> > does, would people want to copy ALL their posts, or just some? (Which
> > I think could be a more interesting use case...)
>
> I'd definitively like to migrate all my content from one provider to
> another if that was to happen. The fact that only the individual who
> moves his account has to care about the different steps of the process
> instead of asking his subscribers to update their subscription is a
> really friendly way to proceed IMO.

Hmm, okay, that's slight different then. It sounds like you're looking for
the equivalent of HTTP 301 (permanent redirect)?

Perhaps that should be a status code that is sent to subscribers when/if a
user wants to migrate to a new provider/account?

The data problem seems somewhat orthogonal, especially if there's a way to
do a backup/restore within the StatusNet software (as there is in WordPress,
etc).

Chris

--
Chris Messina