This developer agrees with your reasoning, and is psyched for Friday.

Also, may I suggest a slight change of practice going forward? Can you
(Evan) and the other developers (such as cvollick, zcopley, etc) push your
works to your private gitorious branches before they are complete so other
devs can see what's up, but more importantly, branch your branches and
help you finish them?

It's nice when zcopley makes a huge merge out of the blue, but it would be
nice to be able to tell he's already doing something you're thinking of
doing. :-)

~Craig