<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yo! Scott, et al, re: the subject.

I haven't weighed in on the "design problem" on the LNC2 heat valve (circa
'86 or so) until now as I didn't want to admit that I had originally
installed mine as you described - effectively backward, one might say - and
originally, didn't get much heat from the thing. While trying to see why it
didn't work so well, I pulled the SCAT off (of course, it was connected to
the outer end of the valve, DUH!) and looked inside. My screw-up then was
obvious, I was using the "outlet" as the "inlet".

I'm sure this was one of those things that just seemed logical at the time.
Can't say for sure (it was a long time ago) but I'll bet it was hooked up
the "logical" way without looking at the manual.

With it connected correctly, I get enough heat to stay almost comfortable
here in Northern Idaho.

Dan Schaefer

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/Users/Mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Please send your photos and drawings to [EMAIL PROTECTED]