<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I purchased a Model 35/40 EZ tow tug from PowerTow, www.powertow.com ,a few
years back when I had an A 36.  It worked great.  It has a forward and
reverse but no clutch.  You lift the single tire off the ground as a
substitute for a clutch.

Now the good news.  When I finished my IV I decided to see if I could make
it work.  It turns out that all I had to do was remove the fittings that fit
in the A 36 nose wheel and turn them end for end and reinstall.  They don't
fit exactly, but I've been using it for 6 years now with good success.  If
you wanted to make the fittings fit perfectly you would have to make the
inside diameter a bit larger.  You'll probably need a lathe to do this
properly.

The current price for the unit is $699.  It still starts on one pull, even
after 10 years of use.

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Please send your photos and drawings to [EMAIL PROTECTED]