<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am about to install an electrical ground system and static wicks in my
360.  I am going to use 1/2" tinned copper braid, which is flexible and easy
to solder, and am going to run it from wing tip to tip and down the fusleage
length, connecting it to static wicks at the wing tips and on the rudder.  I
am then thinking of using it as the earth return for most of my electrical
circuits, so as to reduce the wiring task and weight.  Can any of you
electrical experts tell me if there is a snag to doing this?  It seems the
obvious thing to do, but there is probably a snag.

For those of you doing the same, I found a much cheaper source of the copper
braid than the usual aircraft supply houses.  Go to Davis RF Company at
http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/grndwire.htm, they have 1/2" braid for 41 cents
a foot, compared to $1.47 at  AIrcraft Spruce.  That adds up for a complete
airframe, and their serrvice was excellent.

Jerry Fisher

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Please send your photos and drawings to [EMAIL PROTECTED]