<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In a message dated 10/5/2001 9:57:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I keep enough detail so that someday I can tell the grandchildren
 that "I spend xx hours on the wing outer panels and xx hours on the main
 landing gear."  I probably won't ever total it up, though. >>

I mis-spoke.  I know exactly the total hours spent.  What I probably won't
do, however, is subtotal it so that I know how much I spent on the individual
parts.  The sole exception is sanding.  I've heard lots of folks say they
have spent thousands of hours sanding.  Hopefully, either the materials are
more user-friendly now or my standards are lower or my wallet is bigger (fat
chance of that!), cuz there ain't no way I'm spending that long just sanding!

But still, it will be interesting to know...

- Rob Wolf

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Please send your photos and drawings to [EMAIL PROTECTED]