<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do you have a garmin 430 or 530 installed?  I recently found that unless a
diode is installed between the 430 and tx. connections (I have a collins
tx. in my Bellanca Super Viking) the transponder intermittently gets
interfered with or just stops working when recycled to off then to alt.
As soon as the 430 was turned off the transponder began functioning again.
 Food for thought!  Aerodynamics Avionics in Reading, PA. figured this out
and told me that the next time I am there I need to get the diodes placed.
They apparently spent hours on another plane trying to figure the same
problem.  Seems to make sense.

David

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Please send your photos and drawings to [EMAIL PROTECTED]