Hi,

if unless there is a strong reason for you to deploy this beta to Maven Central,
I'd suggest to stop the process at the point where you would promote the staging
repository. This is the last step which moves the release from the Sonatype
Nexus
to Maven Central. All automatic validation steps are done before that, when the
repository is "closed".

To test the staged release, in some test project, you can add the staging
repository
to the POM of your test project.

Most artifacts I have seen that use a "beta" qualified include a "-" after the
beta:
2.1-beta-1

Cheers,

-- Richard