Hello!!!

I have just created an account in GitHub.

My username is: marcoagpinto

Thanks!

Kind regards,
       >Marco A.G.Pinto
         -----------------------

On 08/08/2013 19:17, Daniel Naber wrote:
LanguageTool is now hosted at github!

https://github.com/languagetool-org/languagetool

This is an organization account to which Dominique, Marcin, and me have
full administration access.

If you are a committer, here's how you can get commit access again:

(1.) If you want to keep using subversion

Delete your old svn checkout of LT if you have no local changes ("svn
diff" will tell you) and check out the new one:
svn co https://github.com/languagetool-org/languagetool
Send me your github user name and I will give you commit access.

(2.) If you have not used git before but want to learn it

Got to https://github.com/languagetool-org/languagetool, click the
"Fork" button in the upper right corner. You will get your own copy
("fork") of the code that you can clone (that's what is called checkout
under svn) and work with. When you have made a change that you want to
become part of LT, create a pull request as described at [1]. Once you
feel confident in using git you can get write access so you can push
your changes directly to the official sources.

The official git documentation is at http://git-scm.com/documentation.
There are many other introductions on the web. If you want to learn git
I highly recommend to take some time and read an introduction. git is
very powerful, but it's also more complex than svn.

(3.) If you have used git before and feel confident in using it

Send me your github user name and I will give you write access. If you
prefer, you can of course also work in a fork and create pull requests.

SVN is now only in use for the main website, LT community website, and
LanguageToolFx. These will also switch to github sooner or later.

It will take some time until all the places that use the svn URL will
be changed. For example, nightly builds might not be updated for some
time, and I haven't reactivated commit emails yet. The old svn still
works with write access, please don't commit there, it would only
confuse everyone.

Please let me know of any problems or questions you might have.

Regards
  Daniel

[1] https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request