Hello Daniel,

Yes, there are lots of words that end with a dot, such as:
- vs.
- exmo.
- etc.
- dr.
- dra.
- prof.

and so on...

Could you explain what I need to do?

PS->I am now the maintainer of the English dictionaries of Apache OpenOffice. I have committed
       (pressed the "PUBLISH" button in my account)
       a new version of the dictionaries for AOO (2014.01.01) but it is pending.
       Every month I release a new version of en_GB with around 200-300 new unique words.
       It seems I will release Mozilla's more often.
       Is there a way of LanguageTool update the .DIC and .AFF of the en_GB?
       But please wait until the 1st of February since it will have 300+ unique words than the last
       version I released.

Thanks!

Kind regards,