W dniu 2014-05-07 12:10, Daniel Naber pisze:
> On 2014-04-08 14:44, Daniel Naber wrote:
>
>> I have now added a
>> branch ("readable-pos-tags") for this, simply because the changes are
>> getting so complex. It's still incomplete and buggy.
>
> As you may have noticed, I did some work in this branch. You can see it
> at
> https://github.com/languagetool-org/languagetool/tree/readable-pos-tags
>
> Although it basically works for English and German, the changes have not
> been merged back to the master branch as I'm not happy with them.
> Writing a class that turns the internal POS tags (like "NN") into
> structured POS tags (like "pos=noun, number=singular") isn't very
> complicated, but still quite some work and it's obviously
> language-specific. These classes should be developed by people who
> actually speak the language. I'm not sure if that would actually happen
> so we might have several languages that only support the old POS tags
> for years and I'd like to avoid that.

We might, but that's the general principle for other features such as
unification. I still don't get why German doesn't use it for
disambiguation, for example. I could write up some simple rules to leave
only token readings that agree with each other.

> Then there's the general problem that we cannot move all old POS tags to
> the new ones. It's not possible to do automatically, and it's also not
> desirable, as sometimes the old POS tags are much more compact. So we'd
> have two ways to do the same thing, basically forever.

I don't see it as particularly wrong. For languages that use the
Unifier, we have to run regexes multiple times on the same token, and
that slows processing down. With attributes, we could make it much
faster. So this dual route would actually speed up Catalan, French, and
Polish (and maybe other languages as well).

Regards,
Marcin