Hello,

The word 'haven' has these postags: NN, MD, VBP.

When the word is not a verb (as in "the village is a haven of tranquility"), I
want to remove MD and VBP. Postag VBP causes 'haven' to appear as a suggestion
when I use postag_replace with the verb 'have'.

I can think of 2 methods to remove the unwanted postags, but I am not sure
about the best method:
1) Remove MD and VPB using removed.txt. Change the rules in disambiguation.xml
to apply MD and VBP when 'haven' is used as part of a verb (as in "I haven't a
clue what to do").
2) Leave the postags as they are. Add a rule in disambiguation to remove MD and
VBP when 'haven' is used as a noun.

I think that the first option is better, because 'haven' is not a verb. It is
part of a verb when it occurs in "haven't".

What do you think is the best method, and why?

Regards,

Mike Unwalla
Contact: www.techscribe.co.uk/techw/contact.htm