-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Peter Rabbitson
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:29 PM
To: Andrea
Cc: lartc@mailman.ds9a.nl
Subject: Re: [LARTC] Re: multiple routing tables for internal router
programs

Andrea wrote:
> Very very clear. Thanks very much!!! The only still obscure aspect for

> me is this:
>
>  >you can request a specific interface (what you would do with the
ping
> script)

Check the man page of ping, and look for the '-I' option. Most network
testing utilities have this capability in one form or another.By the way

if you request an _interface_ and not a specific IP, the first IP of the

interface is taken as listed by `ip addr`