On Wed Dec 02 08:03:22 -0500 2009 Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Isn't that where teams come in?  Would it be totally insane to
> restrict tilde names in the URLs to teams only?  Even when it's super
> trivial to create new teams? <wink>

That's an interesting approach.

It still has the issue that the owner of the team needs to be active
and willing to allow you to work on it, though an LP admin could
fix it for you given evidence.

That's more palatable than them "fixing" it for you now by giving
you ownership of the other person's account at least.

I do think making it super trivial to create new teams would
be a pre-requisite though. That's currently a barrier that may
put some people off from experimenting.

Though knowing that you will leave artifacts can also put people
off. If just deleting your recipe is not enough to remove any trace
of you doing the experiment then some people won't try, because
they will want to avoid evidence of their possible upcoming
mistakes.

Thanks,

James