Hi, all.

The question I'm interested in getting help with here will make more
sense if you look at the LEP first:

https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/CloseBugsLeaveDiscussionsOpen

In short, we want to be able to close bugs in a way that will be
friendlier and leave discussions open.  We're considering doing this
by adding a new status.  This status would work like the closed bug
statuses we have now, WONTFIX and INVALID.  It would, however, be
named differently to communicate that discussion is free to continue.
We have debated a few terms and tentatively settled on OPINION.  This
is not a perfect term, but it's hard to come up with something better.
 I'm wondering if any of the excellent minds here can think of a
better term.  Please see all the previously considered terms on the
LEP before proposing something new.

I know this question could be open to a lot of debate, but please keep
in mind I'm only asking for help with the naming of this status.
Mark, Jono L, and I have already discussed off list the idea that more
statuses are bad, alternate solutions that don't require a new status,
and more.  Every solution is imperfect for this.  We're interested in
trying this as an experiment, and if it's done right, it would solve a
particular problem prevalent in some of the communities using
Launchpad bugs -- namely that people won't allow a bug to be closed
because they want to continue discussing the issues around the bug.
We'll be keeping metrics on this as its added, and if it proves to not
make any difference, we'll back out the status and change bugs using
OPINION (or whatever it ends up being called) to WONTFIX.  If you want
to discuss the issues around the proposal more generally, please ping
me or Jono L. offlist, or start a new thread on the mailing list.

So.... any ideas for a better term for this potential new status OPINION?  :-)

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge