On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:03:26 +0100, James Westby <jw+deb...@jameswestby.net>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to discuss reviews of new code imports.
>
> Currently SVN and CVS code imports require review before working. What
> are the reasons for this?
>
> I've been working on exposing code imports over the API, including
> creation, and should have this done this release. That provides the
> functionality I need to start importing Debian branches using a script.
>
> This will obviously create a lot of new imports though, and there will
> be plenty of SVN ones, if not many CVS ones. Reviewing all of those will
> not be pleasant though. If reviews are required, then lets discuss how
> to limit the pain. Otherwise we should look at automatically approving,
> either all new imports, or ones created for this purpose.

Another thing that came out of a conversation that Michael and I had
yesterday was that if the Debian maintainer uses a branch of upstream
this won't stack on the upstream project.

Auto-stacking will be difficult anyway given the existing rules for
auto-stacking package branches.

Could we explore explicit stacking of code imports?

Thanks,

James