Hello,

I'm a little confused by your posting and hoped that maybe you could
clarify some things so that we can figure this out. I'm going to type
what I believe to be true, and hopefully you can correct me where I am
wrong.

You have a subVI in a program (is this an executable?). The subVI
sends a command to your Network Analyzer, and you expect the Network
Analyzer to return with the type of sweep it is executing. Is there an
input to this subVI where you instruct which commands get sent to your
instrument?

There is a while loop somewhere - in the subVI, or around the subVI?
When you send the instrument the query to return the sweep mode it is
in, it returns the wrong information. Are you sure that the instrument
is receiving the command?

You are also able to send this command in the Measurement and
Automation Explorer. Are you communicating with your instrument with
VISA calls?

Everything works fine if you copy the VI to a blank VI. But this VI is
not within the actual program that you would like to use in the end?
Is there still this while loop that's causing the VI to continuously
run?

Speculating, it sounds like a timing issue where you are reading the
response from the instrument before the command ever really gets
executed. I'm sure that you can clear up a lot of my uncertainties
with a few answers, so please do so.

Thanks.