> Thank you Joe but I was already using the microsoft progress bar in
> different loops by updating its value in its property node. It takes a
> long time though for large iterations (it adds at least 14 seconds for
> the loop time for 15000 iterations), not to mention that i'm using a
> poor pentium II processor... The labview slider bar is much much
> faster as suggested by my previous replier but i can't seem to update
> its value sequencially...

I think you need to investigate what is causing the extra 14 seconds.
My suspicion is that each update redraws the child window taking about
one millisecond.  Multiply by 15000 and you have about fifteen seconds.
  If you update once per one thousand updates, that should be fifteen
additional milliseconds, which is very little overhead, but probably too
fast to be useful if your processing doesn't also take much time.

Anyway, it sounds like in your case statement you must have been
updating in the FALSE case and in the TRUE case.  In the FALSE case
don't do anything to the control and it should be OK.

As for incrementing a LV control, use you could read/modify/write to the
slider, but you will wind up with a race condition, so the better
approach would be to make a small LV2 style global with a shift register
that holds the current value.  It can be called to clear, to read the
value,  and to increment and return the value.  This protects against
the race condition and makes it easy to call the subVI either passing in
the reference of the progress bar to update or returning the value to
wire to the terminal or local.

Greg McKaskle