Yet more in my battle with external libraries.

To retrieve data, the library expects you to provide pointers to variables
for each column you want to retrieve from a table. You then call "Fetch" to
get the next row into those variables, and then read them and do whatever
with them before calling "Fetch" again to update them with the next row.

This give a problem with Labview; I've tried passing an I32 by pointer to
the library and then running the value through a FOR loop and autobuilt an
array on the output to try and get it to update each time I call "Fetch"
inside the loop- no luck, as far as LV is concerned the variable hasn't
changed.

I've also tried creating a control, passing a reference to it, getting the
"Value" property and passing *that* by pointer to the library, then reading
the control by reference in the FOR loop. Still no luck.

I recall hearing a while back that someone had done C code that could take
Labview variables by pointer and updated them on the fly, so it seems it IS
possible. Anyone know how?

--
Dr. Craig Graham, Software Engineer
Advanced Analysis and Integration Limited, UK. http://www.aail.co.uk/