Hi Eric, Paul,

again the pb is that these are dynamically launched subVis (so maybe I shouldn't have called them subVis in the first place. I'll call them Child Vis). Dynamic event registration, as far as I understand, has to be performed out of the main Vi while loop, so that I would have to launch all Children at once and keep them in memory. This is not what I want. The point is that these Children can be removed from memory, reloaded, etc on demand from the user.
Do I understand you correctly ?
X.

Eric Scott wrote:

You can also use dynamic events. Just pass the dynamic event registration refnum into
a subvi and use the generate event in the subvi to trigger an event in the top level
vi. The corresponding event case in the top level vi could be used to update values
(shift register or whatever). Most or the responses to this thread have been about
using queues, but I wanted to mention the possibility of using dynamic events also...
They both will do the job nicely.

Eric

Xavier Michalet, Ph D
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCLA
Young Hall-2002, 607 Charles E. Young Drive East
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1569
Ph: (310) 794-6693 (off)/6685(lab); Fax: (310) 267-4672
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]