El 27/3/23 a les 17:26, Luca Olivetti via lazarus ha escrit:
El 27/3/23 a les 16:50, Michael Van Canneyt ha escrit:

Ehm. In case of an exception, ut will never be freed ?

That's what I said.
I was looking for a way to free it *and* raise the exception in the context of the main thread. If I move the ut.free before the raise, the exception has already been freed and it's invalid, causing a sigsev, if I enclose it in a try..finally the exception handler will be called after the finally has freed the thread (and the exception, so it's the same problem).

Normally, I'd do

Raise Exception(ut.fatalexception.classtype).Create(ut.fatalexception.message);

Actually I'd have to first create the exception, then free ut, then raise the exception (keep in mind that FatalException is a TObject and it isn't necessarily of class Exception), otherwise a direct raise as you wrote would not free ut.

   MyException:=nil;
   if ut.FatalException<>nil then
   begin
      if ut.FatalException is Exception then

MyException:=Exception(ut.FatalException).Create(Exception(ut.FatalException).message)

Ouch, I left out the ClassType, but if I change it to

MyException:=Exception(Exception(ut.FatalException).ClassType).Create(Exception(ut.FatalException).message)

it's an instant segfault.

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007