Hello,

TThread.Queue and Application.QueueAsyncCall more or less do the same thing (even if they use two different queues that are managed at different times in the main thread).

When it's better to use one or the other?

When you're not using Lazarus' TApplication obviously you cannot use QueueAsyncCall, but for a gui application which one is preferable?

Just curious, after having used "Synchronize" forever (the only option when I began using delphi, apart from PostMessage), I recently switched to QueueAsyncCall so that a thread can go on without waiting and now I discovered TThread.Queue.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology https://wetron.es/