On Fri, 14 Aug 2009, Martin Schreiber wrote:

On Friday 14 August 2009 08:55:07 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> That's true. The general problem is not that the IDE is not
> responsive when compiling/linking but that compiling/linking takes so
> long.

FPC is a fast compiler and more speed is obviously also nice.

Last time I compared FPC and Delphi 7 Delphi was ten times faster. Yes, more speed would be nice.

Yes, but Delphi 7 has 10 times less platforms to support, and 10 times more people for it's development, people working
full time on nothing else than Delphi.

So where are the compiler geniuses, and the super patches to improve FPC ?

Michael.