Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
Marc Weustink wrote:
Groupboxes were cluttering the real info, therefore we made a change to the bevels. Not all parts are done.

Any objects in creating a custom component which does the dividing
instead of using 100's of TBevel components and lots of advanced Align
settings?
Actually, I attempted to create a frame for this, but run into some bugs that prevented it.

I also thought about a custom component. The idea goes a step further.
The component would also act as container for the items inside (like a panel). This can have several uses: - depending on the availability off a layout manager, the custom component can do this. (like a groupbox, you just add the inner components) - it can be used to help doing a keyword oriented search for *all* option-pages (each container searches the captions of all children) - it may become collapsible (if no children matches the search) / not sure if really a good idea

It should be very simple to knock together a simple divider component -
custom drawn and only to be used in the IDE (not available on component
palette).

This is what I meant before by creating custom drawn components, which
are only meant to be used inside the IDE. A more versatile NoteBook
component for the editor is another candidate.
IMHO not. I think the notebook is better solved by hiding the tabs, and using a listbox or even tree-view (sort by directory,...). What is the advantage of putting the drawing of such a list into the notebook itself?

PS:
I have to agree, the Bevel+2xLabel does look less cluttered that
GroupBoxes. An alternative might also have been the Gnome HIG style. One
bold label defining a section. Then the components for that section, but
slightly indented. See attached screenshot for very quick mock-up.
Well a custom component (accommodating the other controls as children) could very easily switch between a variety of layouts.... (but I think that's not really needed)

Regards,
  - Graeme -