Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
Vincent Snijders het geskryf:
What is the purpose of the Mantis report, except polluting the bug
tracker, so that finding issues is harder?

The feature request was added to Mantis first - BEFORE you mentioned the
wiki. Instead of duplicating my bad typing skills (and wasting my time),
I just added a reference in the Wiki to the Mantis report for more details.

Yes, you were too fast or I was too slow.

If you do not want Feature Requests in the Mantis tracker, then you must
make it clear to *everybody*! Also delete the "Feature" option in the
Mantis tracker.

I only want feature requests that stand a reasonable chance to be implemented before version 3.0 (due after 2025).

Also make sure the wiki has the facts straight! The first line in that
wiki page mentions that you can also add feature requests to Mantis! So
who must I believe?

You can. But IMHO this one is a bad example of such a feature request.
Good one, because you and Michael feel responsible for that and the issue can be assigned:
Good one, because Martin is extending synedits features:

This is a perfect example of "fragmented documentation"! Users do not
know where is what, or what is the "newest / latest" information. This
goes hand-in-hand with my request a while back to finalize the help
format for the Lazarus IDE and Lazarus LCL: fpdoc format, web forums,
wiki, offline help etc...

Good idea. I will try to make the wiki off line in 0.9.30.

Anyway, I also do NOT have access to delete my own postings in the
Mantis tracker (bugs or feature requests) - so from my side there is
very little else I can do.

I fear I offend people, if I close this issue with "No change required", "Won't fix" (it is not true, patches are excepted). I don't see how I can resolve this issue, so I will keep it open, unless the reporter requests it to be closed.

Vincent