JoshyFun wrote:
Hello Lazarus-List,

I'm trying to improve some debug parts up to where my skills let me
and I had found some things that I was unable to understand:

1) I was unable to find how TIDEWatch is connected with GDBMIDebugger,
in special the "GetValue" property getter. As I understand GetValue
will return the "default value representation" so to add override
representation, in example "memory dump", a new function should be
added like "GetValue(FormatSet)".
I am not sure, if formatting should happen in the debugger.

IMHO it would be better to have a "GetValueStructure" or "GetValueEx" or similat.

return a class/structure, that can be formatted by the IDE.

My 2 cents / Best Regards
Martin