I have lazarus installed on another development machine in addition to
this one. I haven't used the other much lately, but I fired it up
today, and upgraded to laz 0.9.28.2

Much to my chagrin I discovered that I keep getting these "debugger has
entered the error state" messages, which prevent me from doing anything
at all.

I copied my config (the whole /home/david/.lazarus directory) from this
computer, as well as /etc/lazarus/. Both are running debian stable
(incl gdb 6.8-3) I'm also compiling/running the same source code on
both machines.

Any idea as to what the problem could be?

Thanks,
David