Hi Brian,

I had the about the same problem... found this one:

http://unplugd.com/install_lazarus.html

but not sure if its completely ok..

Also make sure you don't have older versions of lazarus or older versions of settings .lazaraus in homedir hanging around....

goodluck,
John

Brian Smart wrote:
Hi,

As a new Linux user with Ubuntu 9.04, I am trying to install Lazarus.

I am becoming totally confused. Can somebody explain in simple steps, exactly what I need to do, including the installation of any required packages. I have looked on the list but all the instructions seen to assume that the reader is an experienced Linux user.

Thanks for your help.

Brian

John vd Waeter
www.jvdw.nl