--- El lun 12-abr-10, Zaher Dirkey <parm...@gmail.com> escribió:

De:: Zaher Dirkey <parm...@gmail.com>
Asunto: Re: [Lazarus] [BIDI] TGrid and many bugs if i add Right To Left
A: "Lazarus mailing list" <lazarus@lists.lazarus.freepascal.org>
Fecha: lunes, 12 de abril de 2010, 6:00

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich <drdiettri...@aol.com>
wrote:

One problem may be the extent of BiDi support, that is unknown to most
(western) developers. E.g. I even don't know how to enter RTL text, so that all
related code should be implemented and checked by people that are familiar with
RTL applications and environment.

Does there exist a list of things that should change in RTL mode?

Newer Windows systems have an API for rendering full Unicode text, including an
mix of LTR and RTL parts. Do there exist similar libraries for other platforms
or widgetsets (Qt???)? If yes, these libraries should be explored and a
compatible wrapper (class) should be constructed, for immediate use in most
components (SynEdit may be an exception). If not, an API must be defined first,
and then the platform specific libraries must be implemented accordingly.

 Win32, GTK2 and QT support RTL(Right To Left reading), but i am not expiration
with GTK2 and QT

But there seem to exist more issues with RTL, like the rows in a grid running
from right to left? Such behaviour can be tested by everybody, at least by
faking RTL mode to make the different appearance occur.

 Most native controls like grid will work on all widgetsets except draw the
string inside the cell, so if it done for TLabel for GTK/QT this issue will
resolved.
TGrid in my svn draw its columns right to left, for that i opened this thread.

Hello Zaher,
Please send to me the patches related to grids.

Jesus Reyes A.

      Encuentra las mejores recetas en Yahoo! Cocina.
http://mx.mujer.yahoo.com/cocina/