Juha Manninen wrote:
> Ok,
> we had a Skype phone+chat session with my friend again trying to install
> Lazarus

I would not try (not even think about it!) to let an end user install my
entire development environment on his machine, only to compile a program
I wrote for him.

I would try *everything* to produce a binary of my application that the
end user can easily use/install. For Linux and Windows I can already do
this on one of my own (virtual) machines and if my end user had a Mac I
would rather try to find somebody (not 250km away) who owns one and
would be willing to help me with compiling and testing it there.

My end user would never ever be confronted with any of these ugly details.

[Idea:] Maybe somebody with a Mac and a lot of traffic quota and free
electricity could setup a server that would receive zipped Lazarus
projects via email, automatically build them and mail the resulting
binary back to where it came from. Mac is the only OS that needs such a
thing, everything else can be installed and run or virtualized/emulated
on "normal" cheap PC hardware.