On 17/03/2012 21:04, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:49:07 +0000
Martin<laza...@mfriebe.de>  wrote:

On 17/03/2012 20:29, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
Then fix the page restore bug.
Then saving/restoring the bounds of the floating windows
(anchordocking).

On that part, I wondered why the old layout stuff was totally abandoned.
?
The classes in ideintf\idewindowintf.pas

Even in docking, a user might want to specify fixed positions (maybe
undocked) for some windows, and restore last bounds for others.
Could the objects for the layout not have been extended?
Yes, I think that should be added to the anchordocking dockmaster.
But then an user config would be desired.

This is currently in the options / env / window

It allows to set if a column (or splitter) has a fixed width (always the same width if IDE starts), or restores last width

It also adds additional (still to be done) work, for restoring column
width info (currently used by debug windows).

Since there is an obvious relation between the widths of columns (in a
list on a window) and the window size, the column width is stored with
the layout....
Yes, and splitters.

Every form can register any amount of "widths" (or heights or splitter pos)