Florian Klämpfl wrote:
Am 25.03.2016 um 11:19 schrieb Mark Morgan Lloyd:
Bo Berglund wrote:

It should be noted that the default swap file size of Raspbian is only
100MB which combined with a possible GPU memory settings will occasionally
cause Lazarus builds to fail mysteriously.
I originally had instructions for usage that specifically increased
swap to 1000MB to get around this issue. But a forum user repeatedly
claimed it was not necessary so I took tha part out and it does work
on the RPi3 at least when I tried. Afetr all it has more RAM.
But I agree that having bigger swap might not hurt anyway.
You'll generally need something like 512Mb of available memory, i.e. RAM +
swap, with the linker in
particular benefiting from extra. Around here, I'm being firmly discouraged (by
other colleagues
with an electronics background) from putting swap on the card, but instead
putting it on an external
USB device with wear levelling.

SD cards do wear leveling as well.

My understanding is that some do and some don't.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk