Per http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=30121, I would like to know the
recommended way for building lazarus if you want to debug it internally.
FYI, I have made enough fixes/modifications to lcl/interfaces/cocoa so that
lazarus comes up and displays most of the windows.  I can even rebuild lazarus
within the cocoa version.  However, there are still lots of little problems,not
to mention a few important controls (such as winscrollingcontrol) that are not
implemented at all.  I thought I would take a crack at adding a few of the
missing capabilities, but this is hard to do without a debugging build.  By the
way, if others are interested in helping with this, that would be great.