On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Micha Nelissen wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:32:42 +0200 (CEST)
> Michael Van Canneyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > 3. Currently a loop must be implemented with a timer.
> >    (the server app shows how)
> >    Any suggestions on how to integrate it in a message loop
> >    would be appreciated. Then a simple 'Loop' property would
> >    be enough.
>
> Do you know the TThread.Synchronize eventloop hooks ? (WakeMainThread and
> friends). I think this can be done similarly ?

I was thinking along the following lines: the server object
hooks in the Idle handler of the application, and when the
application goes idle, it checks if a message is available.
if so, it reads it and calls OnMessage.

This could be done in a Lazarus-specific descendent of the
server component.

If possible, I'd like to avoid mutexes and the like, they require the
thread manager, and hence cthreads...

Michael.